Thursday 13 August 2009

Crochet Roses



I make these whenever I have an amount of wool that isn't really enough for anything. They're really easy, super quick & I think quite cute. It could be used for a finishing touch for a hat, bag, scarf etc or like I have in the photograph, like real flowers in a vase. If you use wire, like I did, for the stem you can twist the stem to just about anything. Let your imagination play! :)
Gauge, wool etc not important.
In UK terms
ch- chain
tr- treble
Pattern
Rnd 1- tr into 4th ch from hook. (tr, ch, tr) in each ch across
Rnd 2- 3ch, tr, ch 2 tr into first ch space. (2tr, ch, 2tr) into each space across
Rnd 3- 3ch, 8tr into 1st ch space, 9tr into each space across
Fasten off
Starting at one end, roll the piece, stitching in place as you roll.

To make a wire stem
For a stem I used a length of green garden wireYou can buy this really cheaply in a roll at any garden or household shop
Cut a long length & fold in half. Push both ends through the flower so the bend is hidden in the flower. Twist the wire a few times to secure in place. Take one of the two pieces of wire & bend in half to make a leaf. Twist the remaining wire together

***This pattern cannot be sold. For personnal use only.***
If there are any problems or mistakes within the pattern please let me know & I'll change or help you out ASAP.
If you make this, please send me a link to a photo of your finished flower. It would be cool to see what you all come up with :)










No comments:

Post a Comment